Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Isaiah 17

Isaiah prophecies concerning the destruction of all nations (Moab, Egypt, Assyria, and even Israel) that do not worship the one and true God. But right in the middle of these prophecies, it seems Isaiah also sees the day when they do, for -

"At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.
8 And he shall not look to the altars, the work of his hands, neither shall respect that which his fingers have made, either the groves, or the images." (Old Testament | Isaiah 17:7 - 8)

Now that would be a wonderful world when all did such.