Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, March 08, 2010

Exodus 19

In a recent blog, I shared my opinion that whenever a holy temple or the Lord's House was not available, the Lord used mountains as his temple to instruct His children. As the children of Israel came to Mount Sinai, you can sense the desire of the Lord to reveal more knowledge and covenants if His people were prepared to receive it, for -

"...Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel..." (Old Testament | Exodus 19:3)

"...if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."
(Old Testament | Exodus 19:5 - 6)

In modern day, the Lord said the same -

"For I deign to reveal unto my church things which have been kept hid from before the foundation of the world..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 124:41)

But this desire was conditionalfor -

"...Moses went down from the mount unto the people, and sanctified the people..." (Old Testament | Exodus 19:14)


All people must be sanctified to have revealed things that have been kept hid for the before the foundation of the world.