Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, September 17, 2009

D&C 27

In this revelation, the Lord emphasizes the importance of keys of priesthood as He recounts all the keys that will be dispensed by different individuals in this, the dispensation of the fullness of times saying -

"...Moroni, whom I have sent unto you to reveal the Book of Mormon, containing the fulness of my everlasting gospel, to whom I have committed the keys of the record of the stick of Ephraim..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 27:5)

"...Elias, to whom I have committed the keys of bringing to pass the restoration of all things spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began, concerning the last days..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 27:6)

"...John I have sent unto you...to ordain you unto the first priesthood which you have received, that you might be called and ordained even as Aaron..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 27:8)

"...also Elijah, unto whom I have committed the keys of the power of turning the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to the fathers, that the whole earth may not be smitten with a curse..."  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 27:9)

"...also with Joseph and Jacob, and Isaac, and Abraham, your fathers, by whom the promises remain;
11 And also with Michael, or Adam, the father of all, the prince of all, the ancient of days..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 27:10 - 11)

"...with Peter, and James, and John, whom I have sent unto you, by whom I have ordained you and confirmed you to be apostles, and especial witnesses of my name, and bear the keys of your ministry and of the same things which I revealed unto them..."  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 27:12)

And it was to the Prophet Joseph Smith that the Lord clear -

"Unto whom I have committed the keys of my kingdom, and a dispensation of the gospel for the last times; and for the fulness of times, in the which I will gather together in one all things, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth..."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 27:13)

It is these keys to administer and authorize that all saints should come to an understanding of and possess a firm testimony of.