Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

D&C 19

We read in the introduction of this revelation that this section was more than a revelation only but as the Prophet recorded in his history that it was -

"a commandment of God and not of man, to Martin Harris, given by him who is Eternal." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:Heading)

A commandment that -

"...surely every man must repent or suffer..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:4)

For -

"...if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:17 - 18)

You can sense the importance of the Lord's commandment as he pleads -

"Wherefore, I command you to repent, and keep the commandments..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:13)

Saying again -

"Wherefore, I command you again to repent, lest I humble you with my almighty power; and that you confess your sins, lest you suffer these punishments of which I have spoken..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:20)

Could it be anymore plain? And his commandment to repent does not stop there -

"I command you that you preach naught but repentance..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:21)

The Lord explains -

"For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:16)

In summary -

"...Yea, come unto me thy Savior..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:41)