Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

D&C 6

This revelation is very interesting to me. It was given in April, 1929, a year before the official organization of the Church. At this time, the Book of Mormon had not come forth and there were few that believed the words of the Prophet. It is in this early revelation the Lord said -

"...fear not, little flock..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 6:34)

Little flock is right! In this case He is speaking to the Prophet Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery. At this point in time, one would think it a bold statement to say -

"...do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 6:34)

...had it not been a revelation from the Lord. The Lord then admonishes -

"Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 6:33)

"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 6:36)

With this final thought -

"...I say unto you, if they reject my words, and this part of my gospel and ministry, blessed are ye, for they can do no more unto you than unto me." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 6:29)