Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

D&C 133

As the Lord provided the Prophet with a summary of His modern revelations, the verses that seemed to jump out to me this morning were -

"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.
38 And the servants of God shall go forth, saying with a loud voice: Fear God and give glory to him, for the hour of his judgment is come;
39 And worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters—" (Doctrine and Covenants Section 133:37 - 39)

I don't know why these verses seemed to touch me so this morning. They are found in so many places in the scriptures. Maybe because in the preparation to His coming, this is what is going on right now. Young and old alike are spread throughout the world with the mission to teach, testify, and warn the world of the truth of the Redeemer and His coming. For those that will not hear, comes these words -

"Behold, and lo, there are none to deliver you; for ye obeyed not my voice when I called to you out of the heavens; ye believed not my servants, and when they were sent unto you ye received them not.
72 Wherefore, they sealed up the testimony and bound up the law, and ye were delivered over unto darkness." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 133:71 - 72)