Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

D&C 127

In writing a letter, much like the epistles of former apostles, the Prophet declared the word of the Lord -

"...I am about to restore many things to the earth, pertaining to the priesthood, saith the Lord of Hosts." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 127:8)

I sense the days remaining in the Prophets life was short and their were yet "hidden things" (see 124) that were yet to revealed to the Prophet. We know now that the Lord bestowed knowledge and keys for marriage for time and eternity (see D&C 132), temples to house sacred ordinances, endowments, and even baptism for the dead. Timing was short, and I sense the Lord was telling the saints that the crowning ordinances of the priesthood was coming very shortly.