Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 27, 2008

D&C 44

In preface to one of the first conferences of the Church, and the first in Kirtland, the Lord said -

"Behold, I say unto you, that ye must visit the poor and the needy and administer to their relief, that they may be kept until all things may be done according to my law which ye have received..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 44:6)

We seemed to be entering a difficult financial time in the near future. There words provide even more meaning to priesthood leaders that their responsibilities include two direct charge - the first, to "visit the poor and the needy" and then the second, "administer to their relief". This commandment would extend to spiritual, physical, and temporal needs.