Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, April 28, 2008

D&C 18

In modern day the Savior has revealed -

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 18:10)

"And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!" (Doctrine and Covenants Section 18:13)

Because of the great love He has for His children. He charged His apostles -

"...you are they who are ordained of me to ordain priests and teachers; to declare my gospel, according to the power of the Holy Ghost which is in you, and according to the callings and gifts of God unto men..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 18:32)

Then the Savior declares -

And I, Jesus Christ, your Lord and your God, have spoken it.
34 These words are not of men nor of man, but of me; wherefore, you shall testify they are of me and not of man;
35 For it is my voice which speaketh them unto you; for they are given by my Spirit unto you, and by my power you can read them one to another; and save it were by my power you could not have them;
36 Wherefore, you can testify that you have heard my voice, and know my words." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 18:33 - 36)

I believe these words are not only for his apostles, but all those called to serve under the direction of the Twelve. What a wonderful thing to know that the Savior has told that as we read His words by the Spirit, that we can testify that we have heard His voice. He commands us -

"...Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:23)