Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Psalms 93 - 134

As I read the Psalms, these are some scriptures of the Savior I enjoyed -

"...Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high..." (Old Testament Psalms 113:5)

"...Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek..." (Old Testament Psalms 110:4)

"...the LORD is gracious and full of compassion." (Old Testament Psalms 111:4)

"THE LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand..." (Old Testament Psalms 110:1)

These verses seem to by my plea to the Savior -

"Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
12 Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
13 With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. " (Old Testament Psalms 119:9 - 16)

These verses seem to summarize that we need to read and ponder his words and keep his commandments, for -

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Old Testament Psalms 119:105)

As we ponder his word and keept his commandments -

"I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts." (Old Testament Psalms 119:99 - 100)