Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Psalms 49 - 64

As Moroni expressed his weakness in writing, the Lord said to him -

"...my grace is sufficient for the meek...And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Book of Mormon Ether 12:26 - 27)

These thoughts came to me as David prayed -

"HEAR my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer..." (Old Testament Psalms 61:1)

The words of his prayer seem to follow that of what the Lord said to Moroni -

"...when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." (Old Testament Psalms 61:2)

In other words -

"...will [thou] make weak things become strong unto [me]..."

I can testify that this is true for through the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, his grace if sufficient to lead us to a "rock that is higher" for he

"...hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." (Old Testament Psalms 61:3)

Moroni also knew this was true for in his last written words he said -

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot." (Book of Mormon Moroni 10:32 - 33)

Like David -

"So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows." (Old Testament Psalms 61:8)