Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Saturday, July 30, 2005

2 Nephi 22 - 25

Nephi tells us that -

"...Isaiah spake many things which were hard for many of my people to understand; for they know not concerning the manner of prophesying among the Jews..." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:1)

Because Nephi had -

"... not taught them many things concerning the manner of the Jews; for their works were works of darkness, and their doings were doings of abominations." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:2)

But Nephi did understand the words of Isaiah and he explains why -

"...my soul delighteth in the words of Isaiah, for I came out from Jerusalem, and mine eyes hath beheld the things of the Jews, and I know that the Jews do understand the things of the prophets, and there is none other people that understand the things which were spoken unto the Jews like unto them, save it be that they are taught after the manner of the things of the Jews."
(Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:5)

He also tells those that may find the words of Isaiah difficult to understand -

"..give ear unto my words; for because the words of Isaiah are not plain unto you, nevertheless they are plain unto all those that are filled with the spirit of prophecy..." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:4)

And being in the Spirit, Nephi gives us a promise -

"...I proceed with mine own prophecy, according to my plainness; in the which I know that no man can err; nevertheless, in the days that the prophecies of Isaiah shall be fulfilled men shall know of a surety, at the times when they shall come to pass.
(Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:7)

Nephi loved to teach in plainness for as he said -

"...my soul delighteth in plainness unto my people, that they may learn." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:4)

And then in plainness he prophecies of Christ -

"...And now this I speak because of the spirit which is in me..." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:11)

"...and...the day cometh that the Only Begotten of the Father, yea, even the Father of heaven and of earth, shall manifest himself unto them in the flesh, behold, they(the Jews) will reject him, because of their iniquities, and the hardness of their hearts, and the stiffness of their necks.
13 Behold, they will crucify him; and after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God..." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:12 - 13)

"...Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day, and my heart doth magnify his holy name..." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:13)

And Nephi prophecies that -

"...the Jews shall be scattered among all nations [and]scourged...for the space of many generations..." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:15 - 16)

"...until they shall be persuaded to believe in Christ, the Son of God, and the atonement, which is infinite for all mankind—and when that day shall come that they shall believe in Christ, and worship the Father in his name, with pure hearts and clean hands, and look not forward any more for another Messiah, then, at that time, the day will come that...the Lord will set his hand again the second time to restore his people from their lost and fallen state. Wherefore, he will proceed to do a marvelous work and a wonder among the children of men." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:16 - 17)

"...Wherefore, he shall bring forth his words unto them... for they shall be given them for the purpose of convincing them of the true Messiah, who was rejected by them; and unto the convincing of them that they need not look forward any more for a Messiah to come..." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:18)

Nephi then follows this prophecy with -

"And now, my brethren, I have spoken plainly that ye cannot err. ...I say unto you, that as these things are true, and as the Lord God liveth, there is none other name given under heaven save it be this Jesus Christ, of which I have spoken, whereby man can be saved." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:20)

"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.
24 And, notwithstanding we believe in Christ, we keep the law of Moses, and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law shall be fulfilled.
25 For, for this end was the law given; wherefore the law hath become dead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith; yet we keep the law because of the commandments.
26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:23 - 26)

And I finish with these words of Nephi -

"And now...I have spoken plainly unto you, that ye cannot misunderstand. And the words which I have spoken shall stand as a testimony against you; for they are sufficient to teach any man the right way; for the right way is to believe in Christ and deny him not; for by denying him ye also deny the prophets and the law.
29 And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:28 - 29)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home