Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

D&C 88

Section 88 is one of those sections that one could write blog after blog. It is in this section the Lord begins to teach to our limited and finite understanding the physics and laws of spiritual things.

That all things are "governed by law" and that "...there are many kingdoms; for there is no space in the which there is no kingdom...either a greater or a lesser kingdom.
38 And unto every kingdom is given a law; and unto every law there are certain bounds also and conditions." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 88:37 - 38)

He who desires the greatest kingdom and glory must abide the law of that kingdom; that is "...even the law of Christ.." The law of Christ being the laws and commandments upon which the atonement is conditioned, for "...they who are not sanctified through the law...must inherit another kingdom..."(Doctrine and Covenants Section 88:21)

For it is by the Savior's atonement and his laws that we are sanctified. And "...again, verily I say unto you, that which is governed by law is also preserved by law and perfected and sanctified by the same." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 88:34)

"...For all who will have [the] blessing [of the atonement] ...shall abide the law which was appointed for that blessing, and the conditions thereof, as were instituted from before the foundation of the world." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 132:5)

The prevalent philosophy of the world that seems to bring accolades is that of a popular song "I did it my way" of which the Lord said -

"...That which breaketh a law, and abideth not by law, but seeketh to become a law unto itself, and willeth to abide in sin, and altogether abideth in sin, cannot be sanctified by law, neither by mercy, justice, nor judgment. Therefore, they must remain filthy still."
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 88:35)

Because of that, he admonished -

"...my friends, I leave these sayings with you to ponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall call upon me while I am near—
63 Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
64 Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;" (Doctrine and Covenants Section 88:62 - 64)

"Behold, that which you hear is as the voice of one crying in the wilderness—in the wilderness, because you cannot see him—my voice, because my voice is Spirit; my Spirit is truth; truth abideth and hath no end; and if it be in you it shall abound." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 88:66)

And he promises -

"...the day shall come when you shall comprehend even God, being quickened in him and by him.
50 Then shall ye know that ye have seen me, that I am, and that I am the true light that is in you..." Doctrine and Covenants Section 88:49 - 50)

"Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 88:68)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home