Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Saturday, April 02, 2005

D&C 42 - 43

Much of the Law given in the 42nd section is the law of the gospel given by the Savior in his ministry to amongst the Jews in his mortal like and in his ministry amongst those in the new world shortly after his resurrections. As a result of several events in my life, some seem to stand out to me at this time -

21 Thou shalt not lie; he that lieth and will not repent shall be cast out.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:21)
22 Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:22)
25 But he that has committed adultery and repents with all his heart, and forsaketh it, and doeth it no more, thou shalt forgive;
26 But if he doeth it again, he shall not be forgiven, but shall be cast out.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:25 - 26)
27 Thou shalt not speak evil of thy neighbor, nor do him any harm.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:27)
...remember the poor, and consecrate of thy properties for their support that which thou hast to impart unto them, with a covenant and a deed which cannot be broken...
...every man shall be made accountable unto me... which he has received by consecration...
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:30)

And finally -

28 Thou knowest my laws concerning these things are given in my scriptures; he that sinneth and repenteth not shall be cast out.
29 If thou lovest me thou shalt serve me and keep all my commandments.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:28 - 29)

11 Purge ye out the iniquity which is among you; sanctify yourselves before me;
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 43:11)

For those who do this and seek the Spirit, the Lord promises -

65 Behold, thou shalt observe all these things, and great shall be thy reward; for unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom, but unto the world it is not given to know them.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:65)

68 Therefore, he that lacketh wisdom, let him ask of me, and I will give him liberally and upbraid him not.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 42:68)

I have come to believe the "mysteries of the kingdom" is the personal knowledge and testimony that comes from the still small voice, the witness of the Spirit, and personal inspiration and revelation of the Holy Ghost. Of this the "world" knows little about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home