Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

D&C 8-10

There are many times in our lives that things don't work out the way we hoped or in a way that we may think it would be best for us. I think these words to Oliver Cowdery as the Lord told him it was not expedient for him to translate at this time must have been very difficult.

3 Be patient, my son, for it is wisdom in me,...(Doctrine and Covenants Section 9:3)

6 Do not murmur, my son, for it is wisdom in me that I have dealt with you after this manner.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 9:6)

I'm sure this happens to most of us in some way or another. The test is if we will accept the Lord's wisdom, humble ourselves and not murmur, and then continue to do his will. I know the Lord loves his children and because of that, in his wisdom everything he does is in our best interest.

Another thought in Section 10

I wonder how much relief and joy the Prophet must have felt as the Lord told him "you remember it was said in those writings that a more particular account was given of these things upon the plates of Nephi."
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 10:39)

I'm sure as the Prophet realized that there was another record with much of the things that were recorded in the lost manuscript was available and that he should translate that record to "down even till you come to the reign of king Benjamin, or until you come to that which you have translated, which you have retained;"
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 10:41)
probably brought him great relief and taught him a great lesson.

The more I read of scriptures, the more I come to love the Prophet Joseph Smith. Praise to the man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home