Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, March 28, 2005

D&C 27-28

This is it. "Marvel not, for the hour cometh" for the "dispensation of the gospel for the last times; and for the fulness of times, in the which I will gather together in gone all things, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth..."(Doctrine and Covenants Section 27:13)

With this last dispensation comes the greatest battle against evil and Satan, the Father of Lies. And in great counsel and warning, the Lord commands us -

15 Wherefore, lift up your hearts and rejoice, and gird up your loins, and take upon you my whole armor, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to stand.
16 Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, having on the breastplate of righteousness, and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, which I have sent mine angels to commit unto you;
17 Taking the shield of faith wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked;
18 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of my Spirit, which I will pour out upon you, and my word which I reveal unto you, and be agreed as touching all things whatsoever ye ask of me, and be faithful until I come, and ye shall be caught up, that where I am ye shall be also.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 27:15 - 18)

With truth, righteousness, teaching the gospel, hope and faith, the word of God, and the Spirit of God, we will be able to stand.

This weekend we will have the opportunity again to hear truth and the word of God. To Oliver Cowdery, an ordained apostle by the hands of Peter, James, and John (D&C 27:12), the Lord said -

"...it shall be given unto thee that thou shalt be heard by the church in all things whatsoever thou shalt teach them by the Comforter, concerning the revelations and commandments which I have given.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 28:1)

"But...no one shall be appointed to receive commandments and revelations in this church excepting my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., for he receiveth them even as Moses." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 28:2)

7 For I have given him the keys of the mysteries, and the revelations which are sealed, until I shall appoint unto them another in his stead.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 28:7)

How blessed we are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home