Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, March 31, 2005

D&C 38-40

The Lord reminds us "...the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth, among the children of men." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 38:11) and "the angels are waiting the great command to ...gather the tares that they may be burned." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 38:12)

As reflected yesterday, it is the sword of the Spirit and the word that will "thrash" or seperate the wheat from the tares. "And let [our] preaching be the warning voice, every man to his neighbor," but do it "in mildness and in meekness. (Doctrine and Covenants Section 38:41)

And in doing so "let every man esteem his brother as himself, and practise virtue and holiness before me." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 38:24) And "be gathered unto me a righteous people, without spot and blameless—." "Go ye out from among the wicked...be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 38:42)

And this is the Lord's gospel, "repentance and baptism by water, and then cometh the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost, even the Comforter, which showeth all things, and teacheth the peaceable things of the kingdom. (Doctrine and Covenants Section 39:6)

To the saints in upstate New York, before they were to go out and "thrash the nations, he commanded first to gather "...to the Ohio; and there I will give unto you my law; and there you shall be endowed with power from on high;
33 And from thence, whosoever I will shall go forth among all nations, and it shall be told them what they shall do; for I have a great work laid up in store, ... and I will lead them whithersoever I will, and no power shall stay my hand." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 38:32 - 33)

"15 And inasmuch as my people shall assemble themselves at the Ohio, I have kept in store a blessing such as is not known among the children of men, and it shall be poured forth upon their heads. And from thence men shall go forth into all nations. (Doctrine and Covenants Section 39:15) " and in doing so " fear not, for the kingdom is yours." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 38:15)

We learn later in the 110th section that it was "at the Ohio" that Moses, Elias, and Elijah returned to restore priesthood keys authorizing the great and marvelous work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home