Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Moses 5

 As begins to consider himself as Master Mahan, master of the great secret, we learn his motive in killing Abel - 

"...surely the flocks of my brother falleth into my hands."  (Moses 5:33)

Obviously, it was for greed and gain.

But later, Lamech considered himself to be Master Mahan, but this time he killed his own grandson - 

"...having known their secret, began to reveal it unto the sons of Adam;

50 Wherefore Lamech, being angry, slew him, not like unto Cain, his brother Abel, for the sake of getting gain, but he slew him for the oath’s sake."  (Moses 5:49–50)

Obviously because his grandson revealed the great secret which was a wicked covenant for gain.

Alma's words are true - 

"...thus we see the end of him who perverteth the ways of the Lord; and thus we see that the devil will not support his children at the last day, but doth speedily drag them down to hell."  (Alma 30:60)