Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 13, 2021

Moses 4

While in the Garden of Eden, we learn that Satan - 

"...sought also to beguile Eve, for he knew not the mind of God, wherefore he sought to destroy the world."  (Moses 4:6)

We learn three important truths herein - 

  • Satan "sought" to beguile eve.  The definition of beguile being "charm or enchant sometimes in a deceptive way".  In my mind, I don't think He was successful. He may have caused Eve to consider her choices, but I don't know if she was really charmed or enchanted.
  • Second, Satan obviously did not know all that god was thinking.
  • Satan very reason to get Eve to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, was to have the opportunity to destroy the world.
Obviously, he lied saying - 

"...Ye shall not surely die..."  (Moses 4:10)