Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 20, 2021

Moses 5

 There are many that wants The Church to modify its teachings and doctrine to conform more to the social norms of society.  We find even in the beginning that - 

"Cain loved Satan more than God. And Satan commanded him, saying: Make an offering unto the Lord.

19 And in process of time it came to pass that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

20 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock, and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel, and to his offering;

21 But unto Cain, and to his offering, he had not respect. Now Satan knew this, and it pleased him. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell."  (Moses 5:18–21)

There are many that thought Cain's offering was just as equitable as Abel.  But what Cain did was an attempt to challenge God and His commandments.   This is where many begin to fall as Cain as they will argue what is not fair.  Faith and obedience are the means of receiving knowledge and powers of Heaven.