Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

D&C 77

Being a high priest group leader, I was particularly touched by the answer -

"We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 77:11)

This is our rescue effort.

This morning I want to add another scripture to my blog.  I have thought much lately about the law of justification, the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ and His grace.  The Lord said to Nephi -

"...because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works..."  (Book of Mormon | Helaman 10:5)

It is the Lord that justifies us, whose grace is an enabling power, even to perfection.