Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

D&C 72

As the Lord begins His instructions on the duty of purposes of Bishops, He teaches -

"...for it is required of the Lord, at the hand of every steward, to render an account of his stewardship, both in time and in eternity.
4 For he who is faithful and wise in time is accounted worthy to inherit the mansions prepared for him of my Father."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 72:3 - 4)

As much as we are promised blessings as we keep the commandments, it is also important to understand that we are stewards of blessings and responsibilities and will have to account for such.