Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, December 30, 2016

D&C 64

After having given much instruction and commandments, the Lord follows -

"These things remain to overcome through patience..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 63:66)

Which suggests to me that we don't necessarily overcome our weaknesses all at once but "here a little and there a little".

One more thing I found interesting today was two differing individual commandments for differing purposes where the Lord said -

"...that my servant Isaac Morley may not be tempted above that which he is able to bear, and counsel wrongfully to your hurt, I gave commandment that his farm should be sold.
21 I will not that my servant Frederick G. Williams should sell his farm, for I, the Lord, will to retain a strong hold in the land of Kirtland, for the space of five years, in the which I will not overthrow the wicked, that thereby I may save some."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 64:20 - 21)

Each instruction for a specific purpose and benefit of the individual.