Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

D&C 45

Recently I have blogged concerning the "New and Everlasting Covenant" and the grace of God, or enabling power of the atonement that allows us to overcome the world.  With that, again the Lord reveals -

"...unto as many as received me gave I power to do many miracles, and to become the sons of God; and even unto them that believed on my name gave I power to obtain eternal life.
9 And even so I have sent mine everlasting covenant into the world, to be a light to the world, and to be a standard for my people, and for the Gentiles to seek to it, and to be a messenger before my face to prepare the way before me."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 45:8 - 9)

I also have recently blogged concerning "having oil with them", it being wisdom.  The Savior said of this oil -

"Wherefore, hearken ye together and let me show unto you even my wisdom..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 45:11)

...which are the prophecies written in this section.