Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, November 04, 2016

D&C 38

To the early saints, the Savior declared -

" I am the same which spake, and the world was made, and all things came by me."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 38:3)

With the fall of Adam, also came opposition in all things. With that the Lord said -

"...for your salvation I give unto you a commandment, for I have heard your prayers, and the poor have complained before me, and the rich have I made, and all flesh is mine, and I am no respecter of persons."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 38:16)

In my mind, suggesting that the Lord made rich and poor but is still no respecter of persons would also suggest that he created a world with, again, opposition in all things.  That is He never intended it to be fair.  But with that He also said -

"...now I tell it unto you, and ye are blessed, not because of your iniquity, neither your hearts of unbelief; for verily some of you are guilty before me, but I will be merciful unto your weakness."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 38:14)

In my mind, He is also suggesting that in the end He will make it fair as He will be merciful in those that have been given greater weaknesses or I would suggest challenges than others.  Which means to me that everyone at some point will be given opportunities to repent in all fairness.