Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

D&C 32

First, just for my own record, I want to enter a portion of a quote by the Prophet Joseph Smith after their first fall conference -

"...during which time we had much of the power of God manifested amongst us; the Holy Ghost came upon us, and filled us with joy unspeakable; and peace, and faith, and hope, and charity abounded in our midst."   (History of the Church, 1:115.)

We are consider "Joy in the Journey" as our theme for our 2017 youth trek.  Considering that, this is a great quote.

One more thought.  As I read section 31, the revelation given to Thomas B. Marsh, I feel that with much of this, the Lord is speaking directly to me.

For my scripture blog, I note the instruction to Parley P. Pratt and Ziba Peterson in their work that -

"...they shall give heed to that which is written, and pretend to no other revelation; and they shall pray always that I may unfold the same to their understanding."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 32:4)

I believe this is important in all our teaching and preaching.