Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 03, 2016

D&C 38

In a conference in Fayette, New York, the Lord said -

"...for this cause I gave unto you the commandment that ye should go to the Ohio; and there I will give unto you my law; and there you shall be endowed with power from on high..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 38:32)

This past Tuesday, I blogged concerning the law of justification suggesting that through the grace or enabling power of God, we can become righteous.  I see these words this morning suggest the same thing, that as we repent and strive to keep His commandments, through His grace we receive power from on high to do so.