Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, October 21, 2016

D&C 29

In the modern day restored, there are many priesthood leaders (bishops, stake presidents) that we sustain as judges in Israel.  In other words, it is to these that we declare in interviews our worthiness for sacred ordinances and covenants and extending callings.  The Savior also revealed that in the millennium -

"...verily, verily, I say unto you, and it hath gone forth in a firm decree, by the will of the Father, that mine apostles, the Twelve which were with me in my ministry at Jerusalem, shall stand at my right hand at the day of my coming in a pillar of fire, being clothed with robes of righteousness, with crowns upon their heads, in glory even as I am, to judge the whole house of Israel, even as many as have loved me and kept my commandments, and none else."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 29:12)

In my mind, this is what these brethren will be doing as judges of Israel.  They will judge only those of the house of Israel or in other words, the righteous.  The wicked will be left to be judged by the Savior.