Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

D&C 18

To Oliver Cowdery, the Lord said -

"...behold, I give unto you a commandment, that you rely upon the things which are written;
4 For in them are all things written concerning the foundation of my church, my gospel, and my rock.
5 Wherefore, if you shall build up my church, upon the foundation of my gospel and my rock, the gates of hell shall not prevail against you."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 18:3 - 5)

These words include two thoughts.  First, the scriptures teach all that is necessary of doctrines, doctrine, principles, and that of the Savior...we are to rely upon the scriptures.

Second, if we work to teach these things and build the Church, the blessings of salvation are promised.