Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, September 19, 2016

D&C 10

As the Lord was instructing Joseph Smith to not translate again the 116 pages of lost manuscript and explaining why, He says that Satan -

"...stirreth up their hearts to anger against this work.
25 Yea, he saith unto them: Deceive and lie in wait to catch, that ye may destroy; behold, this is no harm.  And thus he flattereth them, and telleth them that it is no sin to lie that they may catch a man in a lie, that they may destroy him."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 10:24 - 25)
 
It seems today that politicians lie in order to destroy and think nothing of it...nor does the media.  And of these liars -

"Satan stirreth them up, that he may lead their souls to destruction."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 10:22)

It is interesting that the motive of Satan is to ultimately destroy those that follow his counsel.