Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, September 16, 2016

D&C 10

After the Prophet Joseph Smith had lost the translated 116 pages of the Book of Mormon, the Lord chastised him.  What caught my attention this morning was the consequence of failing to follow the counsel of the Lord -

"...you also lost your gift at the same time, and your mind became darkened."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 10:2)

What a profound warning to all that choose to disobey the commandments our follow the ways of the world.  Everyone has a gift of the Spirit.  It sad enough to lose that gift.  But to have one's mind darkened, or loss of light, is frightening.