Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

D&C 7

I think it is interesting that this morning, being that I read a consecutive chapter each day, that I read chapter 28 concerning the three Nephites that seeming were transfigured to remain on the earth until the second coming of the Savior.

As I began my study on my cross-trainer this morning, I read section 7 of John's translation.  But what caught my attention this morning was the Lord's words to Peter -

"...I will make thee to minister for him and for thy brother James; and unto you three I will give this power and the keys of this ministry until I come."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 7:7)

Obviously, the Lord is saying that this presidency will remain intact and continue in its ministry to the second coming.  It is apparent that this work will continue on both sides of the veil.  In a great revelation giving to the prophet Joseph Fielding Smith where he states -

"I beheld that the faithful elders of this dispensation, when they depart from mortal life, continue their labors in the preaching of the gospel of repentance and redemption, through the sacrifice of the Only Begotten Son of God, among those who are in darkness and under the bondage of sin in the great world of the spirits of the dead."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 138:57)

Knowing now the Peter and James are resurrected beings, it becomes apparent that resurrected beings as well as the spirits that have departed this mortal life do not cease to work in the great work of salvation.