Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, September 01, 2016

D&C 1

I just moved my morning studies to the Doctrine and Covenants after a full study of the Book of Mormon.  This morning, two scriptures caught my attention -

"For verily the voice of the Lord is unto all men, and there is none to escape; and there is no eye that shall not see, neither ear that shall not hear, neither heart that shall not be penetrated."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:2)

The words "neither heart that shall be penetrated" suggests to me that there will not be one individual that will not fully and completely have an opportunity or agency to choose eternal life or not.

The second being -

"...the rebellious shall be pierced with much sorrow; for their iniquities shall be spoken upon the housetops, and their secret acts shall be revealed."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 1:3)

In the end, that which is not repented of will be made known to all.  In other words, much of we do not know for sure of peoples motives and intent will be known of those that choose not to repent.