Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Moroni 10

I am presently preparing a talk on the "powers of heaven" for our next stake conference.  This morning as I read the closing words of Moroni, I thought I would mention a few -

"...wherefore I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God; for he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men..."  (Book of Mormon | Moroni 10:7)

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot."  (Book of Mormon | Moroni 10:32 - 33)

Obviously, Christ has sufficient power to save, for -

"...Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power..."  (New Testament | Revelation 5:12)