Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

3 Nephi 18

As the Savior instituted the sacrament of the saints in the Americas -

"...he took of the bread and brake and blessed it; and he gave unto the Disciples and commanded that they should eat.
4 And when they had eaten and were filled, he commanded that they should give unto the multitude."  (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 18:3 - 4)

The Savior set the pattern of first acknowledging those that preside and under whom the sacrament is authorized.  And then He teaches of whom the sacrament is intended -

"And this shall ye always do to those who repent and are baptized in my name..."  (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 18:11)

The sacrament is again for the purpose of repentance and covenant making.