Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

3 Nephi 11

Referring back to just before the crucifixion of the Savior and the terrible day never known in all the land -

"...because of the wickedness of the people of Nephi, and their many contentions and dissensions..."  (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 2:18)

And as a result -

"...they did cause a great contention in the land, insomuch that the more righteous part of the people had nearly all become wicked; yea, there were but few righteous men among them."  (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 7:7)

Thus contention led to the fall and apostasy of many saints.  When the Savior came, the first principle He taught was that -

"...there shall be no disputations among you, as there have hitherto been; neither shall there be disputations among you concerning the points of my doctrine, as there have hitherto been.
29 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another.
30 Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger, one against another; but this is my doctrine, that such things should be done away."  (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 11:28 - 30)

Another sound warning.