Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Alma 5

At the conclusion of Alma's remarks to the people of Zarahemla, he provides what I think great counsel -

"I speak by way of command unto you that belong to the church; and unto those who do not belong to the church I speak by way of invitation, saying: Come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye also may be partakers of the fruit of the tree of life."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 5:62)

I find it interesting that we should speak unto what I consider the active members of the Church by way of commandment.  But to those that are not members or in my mind, less active, we should speak by way of invitation.