Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Alma 5

Alma asked the saints of Zarahemla -

"...now I ask of you on what conditions are they saved?..."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 5:10)

He also asks -

"...my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God?  Have ye received his image in your countenances?  Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you?..."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 5:14 - 15)

It appears to me that one of those conditions is where he asks -

"...can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness..."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 5:16)

He answers the words of the Savior -

"...Come unto me and ye shall partake of the fruit of the tree of life; yea, ye shall eat and drink of the bread and the waters of life freely;
35 Yea, come unto me and bring forth works of righteousness..."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 5:34 - 35)

For -

"Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ..."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 5:38)

"Therefore, if a man bringeth forth good works he hearkeneth unto the voice of the good shepherd, and he doth follow him..."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 5:41)