Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Jacob 6

In my mind, Jacob summarizes the Allegory of the Olive Tree for our day with -

"...how merciful is our God unto us, for he remembereth the house of Israel, both roots and branches; and he stretches forth his hands unto them all the day long; and they are a stiffnecked and a gainsaying people; but as many as will not harden their hearts shall be saved in the kingdom of God."  (Book of Mormon | Jacob 6:4)

"O then, my beloved brethren, repent ye, and enter in at the strait gate, and continue in the way which is narrow, until ye shall obtain eternal life.
12 O be wise; what can I say more?..."  (Book of Mormon | Jacob 6:11 - 12)

I note that his first promise to those that do not harden their hearts where His mercy is given are promise to be saved.  The second promise that after doing so and "continue in the way" are promised eternal life or exaltation.