Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, February 22, 2016

Jacob 5

As I again read the Allegory of the Olive Tree this morning, my thoughts were down the line of the Bible where a portion of the Old Testament is written during the days of Judah's captivity in Babylon or days shortly after Babylon.  This would include such records as  Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Ezekiel, Daniel and so forth.  Obviously, the Kingdom of Israel was also carried away captive with Assyria.  But they did not return.

In my mind, why would the Kingdom of Israel not have a similar experience of prophets and righteous individuals as was found with Judah?  Obviously, Israel did not return so we never got their records.  But I believe that it would be no different.

In the allegory, Zeno writes -

"...Behold, saith the Lord of the vineyard, I take away many of these young and tender branches, and I will graft them whithersoever I will; and it mattereth not that if it so be that the root of this tree will perish, I may preserve the fruit thereof unto myself; wherefore, I will take these young and tender branches, and I will graft them whithersoever I will."  (Book of Mormon | Jacob 5:8)

He would later describe the planting, growth, and fruit of three branches planted in various parts of the vineyard.

For those that think the Bible is it, it is obvious in my mind that there is many more records of God's dealings with His people that were kept.