Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 28, 2015

2 Nephi 2

As Lehi taught his sons the plan of salvation, the purposes of the creation, agency, justice and mercy, he also explained -

"...the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 2:26)

In my mind, after teaching the plan of salvation, Lehi explains that because of the Savior, all men are redeemed from death.  But there is one thing that cannot be avoided, judgement and punishment according the to commandments. 

What struck me this morning was that agency and choice will continue until the end or last day when judgement and punishment will be exercised.  This would suggest to me that the Lord continues to allow the children of men the option of true repentance and avoid punishment until the last day.