Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, October 16, 2015

JC - Chapter 32

After His apostles had asked -

"...Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"  (New Testament | Matthew 24:3)

One of the things the Savior responded with was -

"For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together."  (New Testament | Matthew 24:28)

Those words sound somewhat gruesome, but in reality a great example.  I believe the Savior is prophesying that the day will come, where the restored Church is, all of faithful Israel will gather.  One of our firm beliefs is -

"We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Articles of Faith 1:10)

This is one the signs or prophesied events that will transpire before the second coming.