Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

JC - Chapter 28

As the Savior was again at the temple in the winter before His cruxificion, He was again asked -

"...If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly."  (New Testament | John 10:24)

The Savior had many times before testified of His divinity and that He was the promised Messiah.  In addition he had demonstrated many great miracles.  I would suspect that what the Jews had somehow come to understand that the Christ and the Messiah would save them from temporal captivity.  Instead of just answering "yes" because that would validate their understanding, He again testified -

 "...I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one."  (New Testament | John 10:25 - 30)

It is clear that His salvation is only for those that beilieve and "hear my voice" or in my mind, "keeps the commandments".