Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

JC - Chapter 22

Three of the gospel writers mention the time that the apostles were disputing amongst themselves which would be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  My initial thoughts were that these brethren had a testimony that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah.  But still were steep in the Jewish tradition that the Savior would establish his kingdom during His mortal ministry.  Thus, I believe they may have been arguing of the political positions that they might hold in this kingdom or government.

The Savior, teaching of His eternal kingdom, said -

"....If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all."  (New Testament | Mark 9:35)

"...for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great."  (New Testament | Luke 9:48)

And then calling a little child to Him, He said -

"...Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me."  (New Testament | Matthew 18:3 - 5)
It becomes clear that to become great in the kingdom of heaven, one must be humble and a servant to all.

My own thoughts are that the Savior said -

"Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters."  (Book of Mormon | Ether 3:14)

Thus in the kingdom of heaven, we are become as little children being sealed together in a grand family...thus being.all of great worth to Him.