Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, September 28, 2015

JC - Chapter 25

I was touched this morning as the Savior taught in the temple, speaking to a mixture of "Pharisees, scribes, rabbis, priests, Levites, and lay people -

"I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."  (New Testament | John 8:12)

The conversation lead to the question of "Where is thy Father".  To which the Savior answered -

"...Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also."  (New Testament | John 8:19)

Then they asked again the Savior -

"...Who art thou?..."  (New Testament | John 8:25)

And the Savior again answered -

"...Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him."  (New Testament | John 8:25 - 29)

And then comes the great lesson on the truth will free us from sin and bondage -

"...If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 ΒΆ They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."  (New Testament | John 8:31 - 36)