Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

JC - Chapter 26

As the Savior was in the home of Martha and Mary, Mary sat at the Savior's feet listening to him, but  -

"...Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."  (New Testament | Luke 10:40 - 42)

While Martha was faithful in carrying out her traditional duties of service, Mary was intent in learning doctrine.  In my mind, both women were faithful and obedient women.  But as the "Teacher" taught -

"TO every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..."  (Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 3:1)

This suggests to me that we need to take the opportunity to work and serve, but we are also required to stop to pray and read the scriptures and learn doctrine and the will of the Lord.