Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Jeremiah 31

Jeremiah again prophecies concerning Israel and Judah in the last days saying -

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." (Old Testament | Jeremiah 31:31 - 33)

In my mind, this covenant would be the New and Everlasting Covenant and would be a promise of exaltation.  And with that covenant, there would be ordinances for -

"If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever."  (Old Testament | Jeremiah 31:36)

That is, without the ordinances of salvation, there would be no seed of Israel and the Savior would not be the Father.