Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Judges 17

As the children of Israel continued to fall into idol worship and wickedness, the writer of Judges comments  -

"In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes"  (Old Testament | Judges 17:6)

Even concluding this book -

"In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes."  (Old Testament | Judges 21:25)

Much of this philosophy is happening today as men attempt to justify their actions.

As I read parts of the Book of Judges, I sensed that many of the happenings that were recorded were more of an attempt to explain conditions in Israel more as a result of history than real spiritual blessings.