Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Deuteronomy 12

Moses compared two types of religious philosophies that is held in society -

"...every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes."  (Old Testament | Deuteronomy 12:8)

And -

"When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God."  (Old Testament | Deuteronomy 13:18)

The first is the philosophy of men.  We see this much in our day.  The second is loving the Lord with all your heart, might, mind, and strength.  The first requires no faith where the second requires complete faith in Jesus Christ.  Whe we obey the commandments, we do what is right in the eyes of God.

Had the Jewish leaders during the mortal life of the Savior paid more attention to the prophecies of Moses being -

"The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken..."  (Old Testament | Deuteronomy 18:15)

...In lieu of that they perceived in their own eyes, they would have recognized the coming of the Messiah.