Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Exodus 13

In modern day, the Lord promised us -

"Behold, I will go before you and be your rearward..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 49:27)

Even -

"...I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left..."
(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:88)

As the children of Israel followed the prophet Moses, we read -

"...the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people."  (Old Testament | Exodus 13:21 - 22)

I personally believe these two pillars are one of the same.  The cloud to protect the people from His glory in the day, and His glory permeating forth through the cloud at night.

It appears as we follow His designated prophet, I believe there will always be evidence that the Lord is leading us.  We also see that as the Israelites approached the Red Sea -

"...the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:

20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night."  (Old Testament | Exodus 14:19 - 20)

His promises are the same today and they were anciently, if we follow the prophet.